Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Steps for Steph

Being a spouse to someone in the Marine Corps isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world. I personally couldn't get through without the support from friends and family, and most of all the other girls who are going through the exact same thing every day. I am very fortunate to be involved with a close-knit group of girls-made up of girlfriends, fiancees, and wives for the past five years. Between us all we've seen just about every kind of situation, both good and bad, that you could imagine-and every time you know you can rely on the "board girls" for support.

This definitely rang true when one of our girls, Steph, went through some very scary health issues which eventually led to the diagnosis of Devic's Syndrome-a disease that mimics and is related to Multiple Sclerosis. To make things even harder, she is currently raising her (unbelievably adorable) one year old daughter by herself because her husband is in the middle of a two year deployment to Japan.

So, all of us girls, our husbands and children (who live all over the US) have split into five teams and are walking in support for Steph. The event I am walking in is in Savannah in a week and a half (eek! time passed REALLY quickly!) and I am getting a SUPER late start on fund raising, with all of the baby stuff going on lately... but if you would like to donate to our team I am putting the link to my page (and Patrick's page, he's walking too) at the bottom of this post. Every tiny bit will help and will be SO MUCH appreciated-I'll make sure and do a post with pictures of the event after we have it!

(And don't worry... I'll be VERY hydrated, take it very slow, and will have Patrick, Maya, and a few other friends there with me if I need anything!)

My page:

Click here

Patrick's page:

Click here

Team page:

Click here

No comments: