Friday, December 19, 2008

Road Trip!

Well we're about to see how good of a traveler Maya is-we'll be taking the 14-ish hour ride home tomorrow. Note that it is 73 degrees here right now and I have all the windows open, and at home there is a major dumpage of snow. Joy. I love snow but am rather terrified of driving in it, so this should be fun.

I've gotten nothing done today. Maya's been a pill the past 2 days, and though she's at the tail end of her cold I think it's because she's about to go up to 6 ounces of formula. She did this right before she moved up to 5. She won't fully finish a bottle (usually only 4 ounces, sometimes she'll finish 5 though and want more) and then 2 hours later she's wailing for more. If she does this tomorrow we'll never get home.

Also, today has been the prime example of why it's a good thing I am pushy and get my way when things go wrong. If you remember awhile back when I had the issue with my car tires and then got a $250 credit from Honda... well it came in handy. I sent Patrick up to the dealership (last minute, oops) to get our oil changed, new wiper blades, and to get the tires rotated... surprise, the back tires were bald (one of them was an original from when we got the car and the other was when the one blew on our way home from MI last year-so it had a good 18,000 or so miles on it... short life if you ask me, but whatever). So we got everything done and 2 new tires for only $41-if we hadn't had that credit though, let me tell you what, our trip would have not happened. I would NOT have driven baby girl home on those tires, and there's no way we would have been able to afford to pay ALL of that out of pocket. So-woohoo!

So Michigan, here we come... pray for safe travels, and I'm sure I'll post lots of pictures while we're there!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Have a safe trip! If you happen to stop in Jackson we'd love to see you and Maya!!

Emilie said...

hope you guys made it ok! We should meet while you're in Michigan. Let me know if you have any spare time. If not, thats ok! :) Hope you have a good weekend!

Kris said...

Goodluck! I am making the trip on Tuesday.. so I'm hoping no major issues with the weather too! :)
~Krista Back