Saturday, December 13, 2008

Our little sickie :(

Maya had her first cold this week! It got to the point where she was throwing up a ton of moucus... I felt so so terribly bad! It started on Wednesday morning, when she woke me up at about 5am crying... she was coughing and swallowing a ton of sinus crap. So she and I cuddled up on the couch and slept a bit and progressively through the day things got worse-We got a humidifier, tried the saline drops and the nasal aspirator (which I was TERRIBLE at so it was pretty worthless) and then called the nurse advice line to see if we could get her an appointment (because I, of course, being overly psychotic, worried that it would turn into pneumonia or RSV or something). We went in Thursday afternoon, and the doc that we saw was awesome-he got SO much snot out, and she was a much happier camper! I learned how to properly nasally aspirate so it's not as traumatic for her now. Its taken a few days of lots of love and cuddles, and us sleeping on the couch, her sleeping (so she's sitting up) in her swing, but we're now on the upswing. Here's a few pictures of the poor little thing... she looked so terrible!

This was the first night... note the formula all over her mouth. Messy Bessie.

Where she has slept pretty much since Wednesday

Saddest little face ever :(
At one point yesterday she fell asleep. Just like this. While Patrick was talking to her.

Dr. Spock?
But, miracle upon miracles... don't know if it was just coincidence because she has been so tired or if its going to be this way from now on... but Maya slept through the night last night! She had a normal 5oz bottle at 830, and was up till about 1030 (we were playing the wii so of course she didn't want to miss anything) and didn't wake up till 530. Of course I did the whole waking up and thinking "oh my gosh is she breathing" thing... but I was so proud of her!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Poor babe! Isn't it just awful when they're sick? Even worse... they can't tell you what will make them feel better.

She is the cutest little thing, Mandi!!

Leslie Collins said...

I remember Reyna's first cold. It was the WORST. I hope she gets better soon.