Saturday, July 18, 2009

Updates & Things

Well. I did something to my back, and so me being confined to the couch gives me perfect opportunity to catch up on everything. My desktop has been driving me crazy with folders of pictures to blog about!

Things are going well over here, we are now past the 6 month mark on the deployment and are counting down to R&R and homecoming. Patrick submitted his re-enlistment package on July 1, and we will find out toward the end of August where we are going next and when. I am so excited for it to just get here, as is he! We've loved our time here, and I will miss my friends, the weather, and most of all the beach... but we are ready to move on.

Summer means Farmer's Market... I go on occasion, the people there are wonderful and so nice. I got a gerbera daisy (which just kind of died... oops... my fault, I neglected it), jars of jam to send to a couple of people (including Patrick-he was excited about it) and vegetables for Maya. One week I got these gorgeous sunflowers!
Summer also means VBS... I didn't work it this year, but I baked cookies one day. Their theme was something about Australia... so I made "koala cookies" from a picture I saw here and a couple of recipes that I blended together! They were SO yummy... and I have a new favorite cookie recipe!
I had set these pictures aside too, about a couple of packages I sent to Patrick that were really fun. The first was all the way back in May-no, we are not Hispanic, but I sent him a pinata and he said it was a big hit! I was hoping that I'd get some pictures of them beating it, but I have yet to see them.
Haha isn't it a hilarious little dude?
I don't know if you all have seen the pictures of Maya's Daddy Doll (it has a picture of him on the front):
But she LOVES hers... so one of the things I did for Father's Day was to make Patrick his own little Maya Doll!
And lastly, this happened like two months ago... but we went to Atlantic Beach with the Avila clan for Maya's first "real-going to play and not to look" trip to the beach. We got rained out at the end... but it was fun while it lasted!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Those cookies are so cute! Would you care to share the recipe?