Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cool packages

I've sent a couple of fun packages to Patrick that I've worked really hard on... I take fun pictures then tuck them away, because of course at the time I can't post them because Patrick would see. So-here are a couple I did!

This quilt... oh my, it was a labor of love. The top took me a day to do, no big deal. The back, however, which was fleece and then had a onesie and pieces of onesies sewn on with embroidery floss took me what-someone help me-4 or 5 weeks to do, nearly every day and night I worked on it? Sometimes I stayed up till 3am... sewing sewing sewing... my fingers were calloused, it was nuts.
(If you click on the picture it will make it bigger and you can see what onesies I used)

Then we did an Easter egg hunt in a box. I used a huuuge box that I had stashed in Maya's room since oh, December... we had a little fun with it before I packed it. (And no, she didn't eat the grass... Kristin was on grass-in-mouth control, she swiped it away at the last second, an instant after this was taken!)
Maya got bored and had to take a break to go jump while I packed.
This is how it's done. Put down some grass, and throw down a layer...
Put down more grass, and keep layering... repeat, repeat, repeat!
I think I got 25 bags of grass and still came up short. It was interesting... but he says he loved it. We still haven't had time to talk about it and the things in it. Here is the card Maya made to stuff inside:

2 comments:

Nicole said...

OMG you are too creative! How cute!!

rachel said...

that quilt is beautiful.