Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Visitors from Maine!

This past weekend my dearest friend Kas and her mom, Sue, flew down to see Maya and I!

They flew into Raleigh, and since Sue has a friend in Raleigh that she hadn't seen in many, many years, we stopped by her (beautiful!!) house for an amazing, delicious lunch.
It was Maya's first time meeting her Auntie! Maya loved her, of course!
We had a busy but fun four days. On Thursday, after the trek back, we pretty much just had dinner (Sonic!) and went to bed, we were pooped. Friday we got up, got pedicures (much needed!) and met some friends at Cici's. We ran around town poking into little places here and there, had a yummy dinner at the Olive Garden, and went home and crashed.

On Saturday, since it was really really warm out, we headed out to Emerald Isle to see the beach and to meet up with another one of Kas's friends. The water was gorgeous, and the air smelled wonderful and it was so warm... Maya and I were very thankful that Vanessa let us borrow Emily's front carrier-Maya loved it and it made it so much easier to walk up and down the beach! Maya was all decked out in one of her new sun hats :)








After that we poked around downtown Swansboro, where there is a ton of little shops. No pictures of that though. We headed back to Jacksonville and picked up things for dinner-Little Caesar's 5 dollar hot and ready, woohoo, and a yummy salad!

Sunday we packed up and went to church. Maya wore her new jellies (first pair! taking after her mama... sniff sniff) and a new bow I bought for her hair.

After church we headed right up to Raleigh to go back to the airport. We took a different route than I normally take, since we were coming from a completely different place, so it was nice for a change of scenery. Maya decided to poo, so we had to pull over for an interesting diaper change on the seat of the car. Thank goodness for my blessed changing mat!

We dropped them off, and made the sad and lonely drive back. It was SO good to have them here-I can't wait till I visit there in the summertime! We got back by 6, and since we had done the stupid time change there was still a couple of hours before it got dark, thankfully.

So all in all it was a VERY busy weekend, and it went far too fast! Thank you, thank you, thank you for coming to visit! I had SO much fun and it meant so much! I love you guys!

1 comment:

sue said...

Mandi.. we had the most amazing time with you and baby Maya... thank you for giving us a break from the ice and snow, seeing your beautiful little girl and being the best hostess ever... I still can't believe that you made that treck to Raliegh all by your self... you are an amazing gal and very brave... I am really, really proud of you!!!!!!