WHAT?! Time NEVER went this fast when I was pregnant... my little girl is nine days old now, tomorrow is what would have been her due date. I feel like I haven't posted on here in forever... every day I think of things I need to say, but then I forget, don't have the time, or am far too exhausted to do it.
I guess this is where her blog rolls into this one-I'll keep the other for updating pictures I think for awhile, as there are a ton already. This little girl is absolutely amazing-I am so crazy about her, and am so thankful that THIS is my job-to be here with her every single day, and to take care of her and make her happy-I can't imagine having to leave her and go back to work. This is the best job-and one I have been waiting an awful long time to have.
It's been wonderful having Patrick home, too. He gets 10 days free paternity leave, and then on top of that he took 5 extra days, and then when he gets done with that it's conveniently on a long weekend so he still has almost two weeks to go till he is back to work. It's bittersweet, though-last night we got our window for the deployment (finding out the dates he'll be leaving) and so the countdown kind of begins. We've known about this for awhile, though, and the only thing we can do about it is be positive and accept it. It breaks my heart that he will miss a year of his daughter's life, but we went into this knowing what life would be like. I think it will be harder for him than either one of us anticipates-he adores this little one so so very much.
Overall, Maya is a complete joy to be around. She has these huge, beautiful eyes, and a teensy mouth that is usually smiling, puckering, or making a surprised look. She has long dark hair like her mama... it's at least a good inch long already-I am SO hoping it doesn't fall out at all! We went out yesterday to get her a few outfits that actually fit-she's so much of a peanut that she was fitting into two pairs of pajamas and one long-sleeved onesie-the rest are all short sleeved, and it's too cold for that-so we got some outfits as well as some plain white onesies that are long sleeved to go under the short sleeved stuff. She sleeps like a CHAMP-the past four nights have been amazing-she goes in her crib very well, and then only gets up in the middle of the night to eat (she doesn't cry to wake us up-she kind of squeaks!) Her umbilical cord fell off today, and I am SO glad because that was a pain and a half. It's been hanging by a thread for days, and we were always afraid of accidentally ripping it off when we were trying to clean it and she was thrashing around. She has the hiccups multiple times a day-as much as when she was still in my belly! And she sneezes quite a bit too-it's super cute.
Squeaky is hungry, AGAIN-time to feed her, then I'll upload some pictures on her blog. Go look-they are super cute!
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i am so unbelievably happy for you.
welcome to Motherhood, and I hate to tell you but the next 10 years will probably go by at about the same speed!!!! I always felt blessed being a "stay at home" mom too, I can remember someone saying"is that all you do... stay home with your kids".. and you know, I proudly said... "yup thats ALL I do!!!" I will keep careful eye on the blog.. post when you can, your (Maya's) fan club will be anxiously awaiting each new post......
It's so crazy how time goes from going SO slow to warp speed in one instant. I'm hoping that something changes and he won't have to be deployed. But if he does we're all here in your corner to support all of you.
Post a Comment