So Patrick's big 2-5 was yesterday... though we had too interesting of a day for me to have the energy to post anything!
Long story short, we thought Patrick might get a super birthday present yesterday with the arrival of our little one... it didn't happen, however, and if you want you can read the story here on the baby's blog although it's really not that interesting.
After that it was too late for him to go back to work, so we just came home, and I terribly wanted to take a nap but started making dinner for him instead... I cooked, for the first time in my life, FISH (salmon) and though I gagged through the whole thing (I ate a turkey sandwich and chips and salsa!) he enjoyed his dinner-especially since I swore up and down to him forever that if he wanted salmon he better be ordering it when we go out to eat. YUCK. To everyone who says "oh salmon doesn't taste fishy at all"- I DON'T believe you. It smells fishy, and that's enough to do me in. And the SKIN on the other side? YUCK.
Then later we went to Coldstone for some ice cream for dessert! We were going to get their little petite cakes but of course they didn't have any iced and they didn't seem as if they were willing to jump to it and go ice one for us to make a sale. Oh well... we just got normal ice cream instead, he coincidentally got the birthday cake remix so he was a happy kid.
So really we didn't do much, looking back on it... but with our little hospital trip I was so exhausted... the night before last we went out to eat at Pancho Villa with a bunch of his buddies from work to celebrate his promotion and birthday, so really the festivities have been going on for a couple of days now.
I know I'm climbing the age ladder right behind him, but for the next couple of months I'm so going to tease him about being an old man :) Happy birthday, honey!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Patrick!!! I was 25 when I became a parent for the first time!!!! hope you had a wonderful day and please know that we send all best wishes from the north!!!!
Patrick, sorry I missed it. HAPPY 25th. love you!
Post a Comment