Long story short: we got there, it was freezing and raining, we were all soaked and cold-we found some neat shells, none of the big sand dollars or conch shells that were promised, but a nice little collection nonetheless. About halfway through when we were walking along the beach my flip flop broke-no big deal, but we had to trek back across the island to get to where the ferry picks us up, and in between us and that are little hills, loads and loads of horse doo, trails, little cacti (which Patrick stepped on quite a few times, poor kid) and dead jellyfish along the beach. It made for a dreary day... plus, to top it all off, we didn't see ANY horses... but when we told the ferry driver that he said there were 2 of them a little to the right of us, so he drove us over there to see them! But Patrick and I really had fun, it was more of an adventure than anything... we laughed about it the whole way home! I'm sure Kas and her mom, Sue, will post pictures too... so check out their blogs as well!
Waiting for the ferry to leave to take us over to the island





most people don't know that my hair is actually really curly. here is what it looks like after a day in the rain...







2 comments:
Mandi your hair is so pretty curly!
Mandi, I meant to comment on this blog long ago.. but, here it is and I hope that you will see it... you and Patrick were increditably good sports... all this to look at some horses... of which I own three of!! so it isn't that I don't know what one looks like!!.. aside from being wet and freezing.. it will be one of my fondest memories, and I can't wait to tell this story to baby Haney!!!!
Post a Comment