Thursday, June 3, 2010

Quite probably the coolest new thing in our house

Most people know I'm a tad bit paranoid about things, stupid things in particular. On the less stupid end is paint fumes-I'm not a fan of Maya breathing them in. So in a snowball of events, I found out about Mythic Paint, decided that was the way to go. (Go to their site to learn more-no fumes, completely VOC free... and it covers so smoothly.We've painted both bedrooms with it now and plan to use it with the rest of the house.)

When we went to get it from our local hardware store, they told us David Bromstad, winner of the first season of HGTV's Design Star and star of Color Splash, was going to be there promoting Mythic Paint (he has a color line with them). I'm game for anything so we signed up... this was back in February!

We went, despite the incredible heat that day and that it was right smack in the middle of Maya's nap. We had fun... Patrick enjoyed what he saw, anyway, since a lot of it he and Maya were out in the parking lot playing because it was more of an "I want to explore" day.

He did a Q&A (I of course thought of questions right at the end when it was too late to ask any more) and during that he painted (this was at the end, when he was autographing it).
Posing for a picture-me being the awkward person I am and Maya just wanting to stare at him.
So anyways, this painting. It was raffled off, and since the proceeds were going to the Boys & Girls Club, we got a few. Not sure how many they ended up selling, but we had 13 and you wouldn't believe it but Patrick got the phone call on Wednesday morning that we had won! I never win anything, especially something this cool.

We really wanted to put it out here, in the dining room or something, to where it could be properly displayed. Problem is we'd have to try and change all of the colors we were going to do in the kitchen-not easy when you have fresh countertops! So we gave in and put it in our bedroom, since it's blue anyway and begging for things on the wall. We love it!