Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry Christmas!

The week before Christmas we had the church Christmas play. Last year Maya was baby Jesus... it's crazy how much she's changed since then! This year she was a little sheep and made about a 15 second appearance before running back to me.

Maya and daddy beforehand...
6 of the 7 costumes I made!
Here's her claim to fame this year!
Christmas Eve-munching a gingerbread cookie
Christmas pajamas!
Opening stockings Christmas morning...
Delicious Christmas breakfast
Maya did ...ok at opening her presents. She definitely knows how to do it, but since we wrapped every single book we got her (which was the majority of her gifts) she got a bit bored!
Best memory of Christmas by far... we got her this vegetable set that kind of velcros together... as in it's plastic fruit that you can "peel" and "cut" apart (peel the banana, orange, etc; cut the pineapple and onion-etc) ...we emptied it out onto the floor after she opened it and I picked up the banana and asked her what it was. Her jaw dropped and (here's where you'll have to know of her undying love for bananas and how she says it) she loudly gasped and said "maNAna!" It was the cutest thing ever... she carried the banana around for a little bit before she realized she wasn't done opening stuff.
She loves her vegetables SO much. She was "feeding" them to Evie later on.
Later on we had Christmas with Alex, Kristin, and our neighbors downstairs! We made tons of food... but my favorite by FAR were the cake pops! Delicious!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! Maya is growing up so fast! It looks like you guys had a great trip and a great Christmas! I love all the photos you took!

Meg said...

What great Christmas pictures, I love your tree:) I've seen that velcro fruit/veggies before, it's super cool!