Saturday, April 24, 2010

18 months!

I said I wasn't going to do any more teddy bear pictures after 12 months... but she was carrying it around the other day and Patrick and I noted how incredibly small the bear was looking! So after this we'll continue with every birthday doing one. Why not?

-She's 25lbs now... not sure of length, we go for her appointment in a couple of weeks
-Talks a TON. Like I couldn't even list all of the words she says. She's VERY vocal and repeats just about everything... I'll get a video on here soon. Our favorite words she says are bear (beer), oh no, ok, Alex (ah-key), flower, thank you, belly, holla.
-VERY polite! Says please and thank you and knows exactly when to say them. I'M impressed!
-Started potty training around 16 months. I know it sounds insane, but she just kind of did it, and anyone around can attest to it. She tells us when she has to go and we take her to the potty... and she just goes. We didn't push it because we knew she'd regress with the move, but now that we're here and things are settled we use pull-ups when we are out and about and still cloth diapers here... but some days she goes all day just using two diapers. Some days are better than others but we're proud of her!
-LOVES Evie. They are completely and utterly best friends.
-Knows all her body parts! She's especially fond of her teeth and her belly.
-Says love you... oh does that melt us.
-Dances to everything
-Obsessed with flowers... I put a few pots of flowers outside her window and every time she wakes up that's the first thing she does is scream to go see the flowers. And every time we go outside to get in the car she HAS to pick a flower (clover usually) before she gets in to take with her.
-Loves wearing dresses
-Her hair is almost down to the bottom of her shoulder blades in the back, but unless its just had water dumped on it you'd never guess, it's so curly!
-Asks for pizza almost every single day
-Speaking of food... LOVES apples and pears right now. Well and any fruit or vegetable, thankfully!
-In her lineup of "what does a _____ say?" are: rooster, puppy, monster, kitty, chicken, cow
-She's very strong willed and very independent. We'll see where those traits lead us in the future!

There's SO much more I'm sure... but those are some highlights. She is at such a fun age (other than the occasional tantrum) right now!

2 comments:

jessica said...

Aaaaaaaah I just love her! And your updates!

Kris Locker said...

she is beautiful and the bear is just adorable!